ejabberd 2.1.10, 3.0.0-alpha-5 and exmpp 0.9.9 have been released, after several months of development. They contain a few bugfixes.
These are the major bugfixes:
- Erlang/OTP compatibility
- XMPP Core
- Fix presence problem in C2S after first unavailable (EJAB-1466)
- Fix bug on S2S shaper when TLS is used
- Prevent overload of incoming S2S connections
- BOSH: Get rid of useless mnesia transaction (EJAB-1502)
- MUC: Don't reveal invitee resource when room informs invitor
- Privacy: Activate "Blocked Contacts" to current c2s connection (EJAB-1519)
- Privacy: Always allow packets from user's server and bare jid (EJAB-1441)
- Pubsub: Add hooks for node creation/deletion (EJAB-1470)
- Shared Rosters: support groupname@vhost in Displayed Groups (EJAB-506)
- Vcard: Fix error when lowercasing some search results (EJAB-1490)
Check the 2.1.10 Release Notes for the full list of fixes and improvements.
The list of solved tickets since the previous version is available on ProcessOne bug tracker: http://redir.process-one.net/ejabberd-2.1.10
If you upgrade from ejabberd 2.0.7 or older, read carefully the release notes of ejabberd 2.1.0 too, because there were several changes in the installation path and the configuration options.
The source package and binary installers for Linux 32 bits, 64 bits, Mac OS X Intel, and Windows are available in the ejabberd ProcessOne download page.
This alpha release contains all the changes from ejabberd 2.1.x branch, many other ejabberd 3 specific changes, and a few improvements like:
- Option static_modules fully working
- Update http_bind to XEP-0124 1.10 and XEP-0206 1.3
- Replaced the full ejabberd_zlib into a simple exmpp_compress interface
The related tickets can be found on the bug tracker.
Please note that the database schema used in this preliminary release is not yet definitive, and it will probably change in the next alpha and beta releases.
When compiling the source code, it is necessary to install exmpp.
Recommendation: try this alpha release far away from a production server. Try it with an empty database, or with a copy of your existing database. Please report bugs you find, including logged errors if any, in the usual https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB or in the ejabberd mailing list.
For more information check the release notes included in the release and in
Source tarball and binary installers for preliminary releases can be downloaded here:
This release of exmpp contains:
- Add whitespace ping for client sessions
- Compatibility with Erlang/OTP R15B
- Compatibility with OSX Lion
- Libxml2: Fix parser
- Libxml2: Use exmpp_strdup() in libxml2 driver
- Protection against billion laughs attack in legacy expat driver
- Use Erlang memory allocation functions in XML parsers
Download exmpp 0.9.9 source code package from:
You can also check the ProcessOne Labs page: