ejabberd 2.1.6 has been released, after four months of development. It contains a lot of bugfixes, improvements and some new features.
This is a small list of changes:
- BOSH: Fix rare loop, support vhosts, allow module restart
- Config: Default configuration allows registrations only from localhost
- Config: Support to change loglevel per module at runtime
- Erlang/OTP: Fix compatibility from R10B-9 to R14B01
- ODBC: Compatibility with PostgreSQL 9.0
- Privacy lists: Fix to allow block by group and subscription again
- Pubsub: Fix cross domain eventing
- Register: Added CAPTCHA, password strength and ip_access to mod_register
- Register: New mod_register_web, with CAPTCHA support
- S2S: New options to require encryption, and verify certificates
- Shared Rosters: Added mod_shared_roster_ldap
- Bind listener ports early and start accepting connections later
Check the 2.1.6 Release Notes for the full list of fixes and improvements.
The list of solved tickets since the previous version is available on ProcessOne bug tracker: http://redir.process-one.net/ejabberd-2.1.6
If you upgrade from ejabberd 2.0.5 or older, read carefully the release notes of ejabberd 2.1.0 too, because there were several changes in the installation path and the configuration options.
The source package and binary installers for Linux 32 bits, 64 bits, Mac OS X Intel, and Windows are available in the ejabberd ProcessOne download page.