If you like to chat about ejabberd (administration questions, development help, or jibber jabber), you can always join the ejabberd chatroom:
Logs: 26 October 2004 - 09 May 2006 / 30 May 2005 - 03 October 2006 / 21 April 2006 - Today
When I try and download the jabber mail component from http://www.jabber.org/jmc/jmc-0.2.3.tar.gz
The link does not exist...
I am following your howto so I thought I'd let you know.
JMC has now moved to http://people.happycoders.org/dax/projects/jmc
You can find the source package here: http://people.happycoders.org/dax/jabber/jmc-0.2.3.tar.gz
Clicking the link directly didn't work using firefox & gaim under windows. Joining the chat room manually is quite straight forward but takes a little working out, so here are the steps recreated:
1) Add a new account and set the following options:
* Protocol = Jabber;
* Screen name = your user name (e.g. dexis) ;
* Server = jabber.ru;
* Password = your password.
2) Click register. If your user name is unique your registration should be successful.
3) Once you've connected, select Tools->Room List from the menu bar.
4) Select your account from the drop-down list if it's not already selected and click [Get List].
5) The dialogue that appears should suggest a conference server of "conference.jabber.ru" to query by default. Click [Find Rooms] and find ejabberd on the list.
6) Select the row and then click [Join] and you should now be in the ejabberd room.
I am trying to get contact details for the sales department/person for ejabberd,
anyone know what the phone number is ?
Could you contact me by mail or Jabber to initiate the discussion (email@example.com for both mail and Jabber).
We are going to do what might be the largest jabber implementation ever within the next 3 months with targeted simultaneous users in the hundreds of thousands. I am the CTO of a startup in the United States and I like very much the feature set I see in eJabberd.
I would like to get in touch with Alexey Shchepin to discuss our plans and, if we choose ejabberd, to discuss support arrangements with the ejabberd team.
I can be reached at:
Apologies for posting this in public; however, I could not locate an email for Alexey Shchepin.
Jan Drake, CTO
I need to add an URL like this (and test in Coccinella): xmpp:firstname.lastname@example.org?join
a bit shorter url for conference logs: