We are pleased to announce a new stable release of ejabberd, ejabberd Community 13.10.
It has some changes, several improvements and many bugfixes over the previous (not officially announced) 13.06. It is also the first official stable release of ejabberd Community after ejabberd 2.1.13. You are now pleased to use ejabberd community as reference for stable releases of ejabberd, from the master branch. ejabberd 2.1.x support is discontinued.
The most noticeable changes since 13.03-beta and 13.06 are:
- in the configuration file: it is now written using YAML syntax instead of Erlang syntax. So, after installing ejabberd, search for a file called ejabberd.yml. If you have an old ejabberd.cfg, you can convert it to yml using the “ejabberdctl convert_to_yaml” command. The ejabberd Guide is fully updated to describe the new syntax.
- in logging system: it now uses Lager to produce cleaner logs, with a “one line per element” scheme.
- in build process: now Rebar is used for simpler dependency handling, so code is modular among several repositories, putting out of ejabberd general purpose libraries.
Changes since 2.1.13 are even more noticeable:
- huge improvements regarding performances
- optimized memory consumption
- clean code representation of xmlel records
As usual, the release is tagged in the Git source code repository on github
The source package and binary installers are available at ProcessOne
If you suspect you found a bug, search or fill a bug report in Jira
Please note this branch requires at least Erlang/OTP R15, and works correctly with R16B02.