All the new features and improvements are described in the preliminary 2.1.0 release notes.
The changes between this second release candidate and the previous one are:
- Use queue to reduce quadratic time effort on selective receive.
- Pack presences stored in C2S processes to reduce memory consumption.
- Support gen_tcp send timeout to close the connection if the destination has disconnected ungracefully or cannot keep up with the rate at which we are sending data.
- Pubsub node names are used verbatim, without separating by slash, unless a node plugin uses its own separator.
- Many miscelaneous fixes and improvements in PubSub, PEP and Caps.
- New general option max_fsm_queue.
- New option backlog for ejabberd_listener to increase TCP backlog.
- New mod_pubsub option max_items_node.
- New CAPTCHA example script.
- In default config, only local accounts can create rooms and pubsub nodes.
- New Greek translation. Also updated Catalan and Polish.
- Improve compilation in Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
Please test it and report problems here or in the ejabberd bug tracker.
If no critical bugs are found, ejabberd 2.1.0 final may be released in one week. But if problems are found, it is more important to solve them before release than to meet the initial timeline plans.
Translators of previous ejabberd versions were already contacted directly. If you want to help in translating (existing or new language), please comment here. Anyway translations, bugfixes, improvements and ideas are always welcomed.