ejabberd 2.1.9, ejabberd 3.0.0-alpha-4, and exmpp 0.9.8 have been released, after several months of development. They contain a lot of bugfixes, improvements and some new features.
This release includes a lot of bugfixes and improvements. This is just a short list of them:
- New SASL SCRAM-SHA-1 authentication mechanism (EJAB-1196)
- New option: resource_conflict (EJAB-650)
- Decrease CPU usage caused by tls:send with large data
- Replace calls of OTP's Binary, since they would require R14
- LDAP: Document ldap_tls_cacertfile and ldap_tls_depth options (EJAB-1299)
- LDAP: Log an error when an LDAP filter is incorrect (EJAB-1395)
- LDAP: New options: ldap_tls_cacertfile and ldap_tls_depth (EJAB-1299)
- LDAP: New option: ldap_deref_aliases (EJAB-639)
- MUC: Support for multiple entry with same nick to MUC rooms (EJAB-305)
- MUC: Support voice request and approvement
- MUC: New room option: allow_private_messages_from_visitors
- MUC: New room options: allow_voice_requests and voice_request_min_interval
- ODBC: Fix account counting (EJAB-1491)
- ODBC: Optimized mod_roster_odbc:get_roster
- PubSub: Enable pubsub#deliver_notification checking (EJAB-1453)
- PubSub: Fix Denial of Service when user sends malformed publish stanza (EJAB-1498)
Check the 2.1.9 Release Notes for the full list of fixes and improvements.
The list of solved tickets since the previous version is available on ProcessOne bug tracker: http://redir.process-one.net/ejabberd-2.1.9
If you upgrade from ejabberd 2.0.7 or older, read carefully the release notes of ejabberd 2.1.0 too, because there were several changes in the installation path and the configuration options.
The source package and binary installers for Linux 32 bits, 64 bits, Mac OS X Intel, and Windows are available in the ejabberd ProcessOne download page.
This alpha release contains all the changes from ejabberd 2.1.x branch, many other ejabberd 3 specific changes, and a few improvements like:
- Option static_modules fully working
- Update http_bind to XEP-0124 1.10 and XEP-0206 1.3
- Replaced the full ejabberd_zlib into a simple exmpp_compress interface
The related tickets can be found on the bug tracker.
Please note that the database schema used in this preliminary release is not yet definitive, and it will probably change in the next alpha and beta releases.
When compiling the source code, it is necessary to install exmpp.
Recommendation: try this alpha release far away from a production server. Try it with an empty database, or with a copy of your existing database. Please report bugs you find, including logged errors if any, in the usual https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB or in the ejabberd mailing list.
For more information check the release notes included in the release and in
Source tarball and binary installers for preliminary releases can be downloaded here:
This release of exmpp contains:
- Many improvements in OpenSSL management code
- Enable port level locking in OpenSSL, stringprep and zlib drivers
- Use binaries for xml attribute names in the IQ macro
- Added presence handling to echo_client.erl
Download exmpp 0.9.8 source code package from:
You can also check the ProcessOne Labs page: