Need help installing modules

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie here. This is my first time with ejabberd . I have set up a ejabberd 15.06 server on my llinux (Centos 6)machine in /opt/ejabberd-15.06 and now i want to configure some modules which will help me to save chat logs in DB, enable audio/video sharing etc. So i figured out we need some modules to enable this support on my ejabberd server. So i started to work on installing modules to get a easy start i am trying to install the module "mod_statsdx"
which is properly build and copied the generated beam files in /opt/ejabberd-15.06/lib/ejabberd-15.06/ebin folder

/opt/ejabberd-15.06/lib/ejabberd-15.06/modules/ejabberd-modules/mod_statsdx/trunk
./build

copied generated beam file's from trunk/ebin directory to /opt/ejabberd-15.06/lib/ejabberd-15.06/ebin

Now according to the README file i enabled the module in /opt/ejabberd-15.06/conf/ejabberd.yml with the below config

mod_roster: []
mod_shared_roster: []
## mod_time: []
mod_vcard: []
mod_version: []
mod_statsdx: {}
modules:
mod_stats2file:
interval: 60
type: txt
split: true
basefilename: "/var/www/stats"
hosts: ["localhost", "ejabberd.rapidns.com"]

But after putting the above config my ejabbered server is not starting. I see below logs in /opt/ejabberd-15.06/logs/error.log

2015-07-17 12:35:28.631 [critical] <0.37.0>@gen_mod:start_module:107 Problem starting the module mod_stats2file for host <<"ejabberd.rapidns.com">>
options: [{interval,60},
{type,txt},
{split,true},
{basefilename,<<"/var/www/stats">>},
{hosts,[<<"localhost">>,<<"ejabberd.rapidns.com">>]}]
error: badarith
[{mod_stats2file,start,2,[]},
{gen_mod,start_module,3,[{file,"src/gen_mod.erl"},{line,99}]},
{lists,foreach,2,[{file,"lists.erl"},{line,1336}]},
{ejabberd_app,start,2,[{file,"src/ejabberd_app.erl"},{line,72}]},
{application_master,start_it_old,4,
[{file,"application_master.erl"},{line,272}]}]
2015-07-17 12:35:28.631 [critical] <0.37.0>@gen_mod:start_module:112 ejabberd initialization was aborted because a module start failed.

can someone plese help me.

Have you seen the new tool in

Have you seen the new tool in ejabberd to ease the installation of contributed modules ?

You can get some details from: Easy installer and structure for ejabberd contributed modules.

Syndicate content