Hook to listen for presence changes in chat rooms

Hello. Does anyone knows about a hook to listen for presence changes only in chat rooms? I couldn't find anything on the contributions and I'm not sure where to start

There is no hook only for

There is no hook only for presence change in MUC room, but you there is a hook for packet filter in MUC. you should look at the new muc_filter_packet hook added in ejabberd 15.07

The muc_filter_packet hook is

The muc_filter_packet hook is currently only triggered on groupchat messages, I'm afraid. But I guess we could easily run the same hook on presence stanzas.

Ah, in that case, it is more

Ah, in that case, it is more muc_filter_message ?

Currently yes. Shall we

Currently yes. Shall we rename the current hook and add a new muc_filter_presence hook? Or stick to the muc_filter_packet name and use it both for message and presence stanzas?

After discussion with other

After discussion with other developers: Let's rename it, as it is not too late and let's add the muc_filter_presence hook as well :)
We have already added muc_process_iq API (not filtering) so we should be quite complete.

this is excellent news! how

this is excellent news! how can I keep track of such developments? Just to have an idea when it's available, thanks

Development is on ejabberd

Development is on ejabberd Github. The muc_filter_presence hook has already been added: https://github.com/processone/ejabberd/commit/6e61932765f9ae8e290b88cce5...

I'll have to update to the

I'll have to update to the latest release but I will definitely try that! thanks

Syndicate content