mod_muc error joining a chat room (503)

Hi

I've updated from Ejabberd 15.04 to 15.07 and MUC stopped working. (I copied the exact same config file). I can create a room and change options normally but when I send an invitation and the user tries to join I get the message 503 - Service Unavailable.

this is the muc config that was working fine before and stopped working:

mod_muc:
db_type: odbc
host: "chat.@HOST@"
access: muc
access_create: muc_admin
access_persistent: muc
access_admin: muc_admin

Any idea of what might be happening? I've read some stuff about DNS but to be honest this is all local and nothing has changed related with the network from one version to another

There weren't relevant

There weren't relevant changes between 15.04 and 15.07. I've tried myself and joining from an invitation works correctly.

Did it work correctly in 15.04?

Check the invitation received by the destination contains the correct room name.

If the destination client joins the room manually, does it join correctly?

Thanks for the answer. I

Thanks for the answer. I remembered that I did nothing about the mysql database when upgrading from 15.04 to 15.07. Creating a new database was the solution. How should I approach this next time I need to update? I would like to keep the same database contents

You should look at the log to

You should look at the log to see what is the actual issue. It is not required to restart from scratch when you update. Normally, you can keep the database (but make sure you do not change Erlang ejabberd node name.)

Syndicate content