[solved] ejabberd crashes and dont restart

i had ejabberd run for a few days with success on a debian web server,
suddenly the programm crashed and wont restart,
the error.log is not as helpfull ...

i think ive done nothing to do with it, some times before 2 persones registered new accounts with androids/conversation, and now i try to figure out miracles out of this lines

any help very apreciated

starting ejabberd directly

{error_logger,{{2015,8,26},{19,0,51}},"Protocol: ~p: register error: ~p~n",["inet_tcp",{{badmatch,{error,duplicate_name}},[{inet_tcp_dist,listen,1,[{file,"inet_tcp_dist.erl"},{line,70}]},{net_kernel,start_protos,4,[{file,"net_kernel.erl"},{line,1314}]},{net_kernel,start_protos,3,[{file,"net_kernel.erl"},{line,1307}]},{net_kernel,init_node,2,[{file,"net_kernel.erl"},{line,1197}]},{net_kernel,init,1,[{file,"net_kernel.erl"},{line,357}]},{gen_server,init_it,6,[{file,"gen_server.erl"},{line,304}]},{proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3,[{file,"proc_lib.erl"},{line,227}]}]}]}
{error_logger,{{2015,8,26},{19,0,51}},crash_report,[[{initial_call,{net_kernel,init,['Argument__1']}},{pid,<0.19.0>},{registered_name,[]},{error_info,{exit,{error,badarg},[{gen_server,init_it,6,[{file,"gen_server.erl"},{line,320}]},{proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3,[{file,"proc_lib.erl"},{line,227}]}]}},{ancestors,[net_sup,kernel_sup,<0.9.0>]},{messages,[]},{links,[#Port<0.98>,<0.16.0>]},{dictionary,[{longnames,false}]},{trap_exit,true},{status,running},{heap_size,987},{stack_size,24},{reductions,496}],[]]}
{error_logger,{{2015,8,26},{19,0,51}},supervisor_report,[{supervisor,{local,net_sup}},{errorContext,start_error},{reason,{'EXIT',nodistribution}},{offender,[{pid,undefined},{name,net_kernel},{mfargs,{net_kernel,start_link,[[ejabberd,shortnames]]}},{restart_type,permanent},{shutdown,2000},{child_type,worker}]}]}
{error_logger,{{2015,8,26},{19,0,51}},supervisor_report,[{supervisor,{local,kernel_sup}},{errorContext,start_error},{reason,shutdown},{offender,[{pid,undefined},{name,net_sup},{mfargs,{erl_distribution,start_link,[]}},{restart_type,permanent},{shutdown,infinity},{child_type,supervisor}]}]}
{error_logger,{{2015,8,26},{19,0,51}},std_info,[{application,kernel},{exited,{shutdown,{kernel,start,[normal,[]]}}},{type,permanent}]}
{"Kernel pid terminated",application_controller,"{application_start_failure,kernel,{shutdown,{kernel,start,[normal,[]]}}}"}

my best clue are the first 2 lines, >> register_error >>duplicate names .. but i cant find any clue on what to do, or what this realy means

the "normal" procedure in debian service ejabberd restart or start stop give no errors at all, but program crashes (there is no etxra terminal output)

also an backup of /etc/ejabberd files wont help (from a working) state

the last lines in error log (which are one hour behind now - so no extra errors)

=INFO REPORT==== 2015-08-26 18:36:12 ===
    application: ejabberd
    exited: {bad_return,
                {{ejabberd_app,start,[normal,[]]},
                 {'EXIT',
                     {function_clause,
                         [{acl,normalize_spec,
                              [{user,"admin@somehost.de",
                                   "jackson@someotherhost.de","localhost"}],
                              [{file,"acl.erl"},{line,91}]},
                          {acl,to_record,3,[{file,"acl.erl"},{line,51}]},
                          {ejabberd_config,process_host_term,3,
                              [{file,"ejabberd_config.erl"},{line,455}]},
                          {lists,foldl,3,[{file,"lists.erl"},{line,1197}]},
                          {ejabberd_config,load_file,1,
                              [{file,"ejabberd_config.erl"},{line,90}]},
                          {ejabberd_config,start,0,
                              [{file,"ejabberd_config.erl"},{line,60}]},
                          {ejabberd_app,start,2,
                              [{file,"ejabberd_app.erl"},{line,57}]},
                          {application_master,start_it_old,4,
                              [{file,"application_master.erl"},
                               {line,274}]}]}}}}
    type: temporary

seems it was my fault, some

seems it was my fault, some days ago i tried to add some more admin user .. but i messed the /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg while the format for a user is
{acl, admin, {user, "username", "example.com"}}.
anyhow i messed this to
{acl, admin, {user, "username@somewhere.de", "another@example.com"}}.

maybe because the server is running smoothly and the config wasnt read by the program so far, this mistake didnt take effect until "now".
sadly this mistake is not easy understandable (maybe a nice hint to check correct format of user stuff, and give nice errors in the log)

thanks for your attention

There is already error in the

There is already error in the log when there is a syntax error in log file.

However, the error you have been posted is about an existing node running with the same name. This is an Erlang level error message and we cannot change / adapt it (It is displayed by Erlang even before ejabberd is started).

Syndicate content