Duplicate messages in archive whem mod_mam and mod_carboncopy used together

I deployed an ejabberd 15.06 server in Ubuntu and enabled mod_mam and mod_carboncopy. I see the following strange behaviour. When user_from is connected from one device and user_to is connected from several other devices at the same time, and user_from sends a message to user_to, multiple copies of the message are stored in user_to's archive. Is this the expected behaviour? Is this a problem of my configuration or is it general? This happens only with messages sent to user_to and not with messages sent by him.

Paragraph 5.1.1 of http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0313.html specifies:

"If a server supports mechanisms that multiply copies of a stanza (e.g. Carbons, or forking a stanza to a bare JID), it MUST store such a staza within a given archive only once, irrespective of multiple connected clients receiving copies."

I am not very knowledgeable in XMPP or ejabberd. Is someone seeing the same behaviour? Is it correct? Should I reinstall the server?

Thank you!

Do you have the same

Do you have the same behaviour with ejabberd 15.07 ? ejabberd is indeed not storing duplicates.

@mremond, thank you for your

@mremond, thank you for your reply. I'm investigating the issue. Possibly problem from my client, will report when done.

Syndicate content