Ejabberd sbin/ejabberdctl start(No such file or directory)

When i was installing Ejabberd, it gave an error saying it wasnt installed successfully. But then i have the folder my-ejabberd with all the folders in it.

I am not sure if thats 100% installed, but when i try to start up the server, with the command line sbin/ejabberdctl start, it says No such file or directory. I am running on Mac OS 10.8.5.

Not sure what the problem is. Any Ideas? (And in the my-ejabberd folder, the sbin is name as bin???)

This is the error from Terminal

bin/ejabberdctl: line 24: getent: command not found
/Users/clark/my-ejabberd/bin/erl: line 35: /Applications/my-ejabberd/bin/erlexec: No such file or directory

If i install it the first time, when i try to run it and it will say node already running,but calls errors no such file when i call the status, but if i restart the computer and try to start up the server, then i will have the error i put above.

In my Install.log, it has this below, i am assuming thats the reason, but i have no idea how to fix it.

Executing final installation script
Error executing post installation script
/Applications/my-ejabberd/bin/postinstall.sh
\child process exited abnormally

There is something funky with

There is something funky with the Binary installer, it won't run the post installation process.

I finally removed the install from the Binary installer, then used the git source, and after setting up the ssh, installed it and ran it. And it was ok. But i am not sure if the modules are supposed to be there, as this is my first time setting up a ejabberd server, but i have no modules, just 1 tab thats the virtual hosts and it is blank.

But just 1 note, i thought the doc for OS-X Installation part point 3 was a little confusing because of the formatting would be nice if there is a line break between each steps, instead of lumping them together. Thanks!!

Syndicate content