Cannot enable stream management

Hi,

I'm trying to enable stream management in ejabberd server version 2.1.11. Below is the configuration changes made,

{listen,
[
{5222, ejabberd_c2s, [
{access, c2s},
{shaper, c2s_shaper},
{max_stanza_size, 65536},
zlib,
starttls, {certfile, "/etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.pem"},
{stream_management,true},
{resend_on_timeout,true},
{resume_timeout,60},
{max_ack_queue,500}
]},
restarted the server successfully after adding this configuration. With this configuration the server is not returning the stream management header <sm xmlns='urn:xmpp:sm:3'/> along with the <stream:features> headers during login from a client. Hence the client says that server does not support stream management.

Please let me know what can be reason for the stream management not getting enabled, do we need to add any other additional configuration to enable stream management.

ejabberd 2.1.11 does not

ejabberd 2.1.11 does not support stream management, so what you see is the expected behaviour.

If you want to use stream management, you need at least ejabberd 14.07, but preferably the most recent version is better.

I am using ejabberd 16.03 but

I am using ejabberd 16.03 but i am not able to set stream management from server side, i have set stream management true in .yml file than also i am not getting any acknowledgment from server side, what can i do?? Do i need to install any additional module for it???

Quote: I am using ejabberd

Quote:

I am using ejabberd 16.03 but i am not able to set stream management from server side, i have set stream management true in .yml file than also i am not getting any acknowledgment from server side, what can i do?? Do i need to install any additional module for it???

No. Stream management is enabled by default in ejabberd 16.03, so if it doesn't work for you, it's most probably a client-side issue. But without seeing a dump of the stream, we can't really tell.

Syndicate content