How to persistent XMPP MUC (XEP-45) occupants

This implies that as soon as the user disconnects from the XMPP server, he is removed from the group on the server side. The issue is simple — I don't want this behavior; I want a behavior that is similar to what Whatsapp does, i.e. even if the user goes offline, he is still part of the MUC room (which is configured to be persistent on the server side) and will receive messages from other occupants.

Given the spec and the documentation for XEP-0045 and XMPPFramework for iOS, I have no idea how to accomplish this or if it's possible to accomplish this in the traditional ejabberd server.

This is not possible for now

This is not possible for now with XEP-0045. MUC rooms are presence based. You need to be online to be in a room.

Thanks for your reply.... If

Thanks for your reply....
If i want to create such kind of Environment what should be the approach?

The best approach is to work

The best approach is to work on MUC 2 protocol with the XMPP Standard Foundation. There is an initiative to build a presence-less Multi-User Chat.

mremond, can you provide link

mremond, can you provide link to discussion about MUC 2 protocol? Maybe there are exist XEP number for this feature?
Presence-less Multi-User Chat is most wanted feature for XMPP protocol, because users need receive all chat messages when they are offline, and I can't find any solution for implement this feature.

Syndicate content