Screen Share on Mac

I don't know where to post this. A search of this forum for screen share returns nada. So here goes...

I set up a mac computer with a static IP running eJabberd many years ago. I assigned all users (names and passwords) and installed them on the server and on the client machines each time a new person is issued a computer.

This worked fine with iChat allowing our work group to send IM's and screen share at will. iChat got changed to Messages, Apple's os went thru all the cats then finally to Yosemite. All this time the eJabber server continued to allow both IM's and screen shares flawlessly among all our users. The instant messaging was cool but the ability to effortlessly screen share with any user at any time made solving problems and computer training a breeze.

Now something has stopped screen share over the wan. I rebuilt the server machine and upgraded the ejabberd software in an attempt to fix things. I deleted and re-installed all the accounts on the server and the client machines. Screen share works from machine to machine behind my router thru the ejabberd server accounts but when we try to connect from clent to client using Messages logged into our ejabberd server across the wan it just fails to connect reporting unknown error (I sent that to apple many of times already) and I can find no solution on the apple forums.

So now my question becomes: Does anyone here use ejabberd to screen share on apple computers? Is it still working? Can this function be restored?

Syndicate content