Configure eJabberd + Jitsi + Voice

I installed ejabber on a debian desktop.
I created two users: user 1 connects on the server machine and user 2 connects on a remote machine on the same LAN.
When I login to localhost:5280/admin I see both users connected.
I use jitsi as the client.
Using Jitsi, instant messaging seems to works fine.

The only hickup is that user 1 on the remote machine is duplicated in user 2's contact list.
The first instance is green (online) but with only the chat button enabled.
The second instance is greyed (not online) but with chat/call/video/screen sharing buttons.
On the server machine, for user 2, only the IM button is enabled and there are no call/video or screen sharing buttons.

If I initiate a call from user 2 (remote machine) to user 1 (server machine), the call fails.
I get the following message:

Call ended by remote site. Reason: Failed-application.
Error: Could not establish connection (ICE failed and no relay found).

How do I resolve this?
Thank you.

Regarding the error to put

Regarding the error to put the people in touch, it seems both contact cannot established a direct TCP connection and do not have a common accessible proxy that can use to act as a relay.

Both desktops are on the same

Both desktops are on the same internal network going through the same router.
They have a direct TCP connection and all ports are open.

Well, in that case that seems

Well, in that case that seems a client issue: If there is not need to proxy, ejabberd is not involved, no ?

The client is Jitsi. Why do

The client is Jitsi.
Why do you say that ejabberd isn't involved?
Doesn't the ejabberd server manage the connection between the two desktop clients?

As per my initial post, IM works but voice doesn't.
How do I troubleshoot?
I searched the web but couldn't find anything useful.
What should I look for in the logs and/or the configuration?

I say ejabberd isn't involved

I say ejabberd isn't involved because Voice data on a local network should go peer to peer. There is nothing preventing the clients to connect directly after successful negotiation of the call through ejabberd.
Session Initiation is using XMPP channel. The call itself is not going over the XMPP stream but is out-of-band.

Syndicate content