Generating ejabberd installer for Windows

Hi all,

I started with ejabberd on Ubuntu. I've had few issues creating and building custom modules but somehow I could manage by consulting documentations and forums. The ejabberd 15.06 brought (back?) the support for Windows, to install and config. So, at first, I'm trying to learn about running ejabberd 15.09 on Windows. But it seems a lack of support and documentation related to generating a customized ejabberd for Windows. I've already read the following topic and its replies:

https://www.ejabberd.im/node/24698

and I would like to know about building customized modules on Windows too. I was wondering, there were any changes about providing support for it since then? If so, which tool should I use to generate an ejabberd installer for Windows? I'm considering start with WiX. I would appreciate any suggestion or some tool/process I could use to do it. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

To build custom ejabberd

To build custom ejabberd modules on Windows, you need to write an Erlang ejabberd module plugin and compile it with Erlang. You need to set up an Erlang development environment on Windows if you plan to develop on that machine download ejabberd source code, etc.

Did I correctly understood your question ?

Syndicate content