muc history messages

Hi
where is history place that in muc that return them? is it muc_log files or mam?
please somebody help.

The most recent messages in a

The most recent messages in a room are kept in the room process. They are not written to database or disk files.

It is possible to write the room messages into html files using mod_muc_log.

And it is possible to store room messages into database using mod_mam.

thanks in advance and sorry

thanks in advance and sorry for my english
when I set history_size to 10, group members dont receive ten message recently.

user1: HI every body
user2: join
user2: leave
user3 join
user3:leave
user3:join
user3: leave
user1: join
user1:leave
server stores member's leave, join and chat message. I think server return leave and join to group members . am I right? where is place that server read message for return to group member? does not server use log file or mam to return message to group members ?
you means when if I use mod_muc_log and mam: true, will server store twice group message?
how solved my problem?

nets wrote: thanks in advance

nets wrote:

thanks in advance and sorry for my english
when I set history_size to 10, group members dont receive ten message recently.

user1: HI every body
user3 join
user3:leave
user3:join
user3: leave
user1: join
user1:leave
server stores member's leave, join and chat message. I think server return leave and join to group members . am I right?

In my test, only messages are stored. When a new occupant joins the room, he only gets past messages, not the list of joins/leaves.

nets wrote:

where is place that server read message for return to group member? does not server use log file or mam to return message to group members ?

As I mentioned, room history for sending to new occupants is kept in the room process memory (in RAM). That feature is implemented in mod_muc_room.erl, and the protocol is specified in XEP-0045.

HTML logs are a feature implemented in mod_muc_log.erl

MAM storage is implemented in mod_mam.erl, and the protocol is specified in XEP-0313

As you can see, they are different features, so...

nets wrote:

you means when if I use mod_muc_log and mam: true, will server store twice group message?

... right, the room messages may be stored several times, in different places, for different purposes.

thanks

thanks

Hi badlop. I have same

Hi badlop. I have same problem. you means if ejabberd server is restarted, will not users receive history message?

taranis wrote: Hi badlop. I

taranis wrote:

Hi badlop. I have same problem. you means if ejabberd server is restarted, will not users receive history message?

Right: the history of recent room messages is only keep in RAM memory. This means that the history is empty when the server is started.

If I clustering some ejabberd

If I clustering some ejabberd server and then restart one of them. are removed history messages?

Yes, because history messages

Yes, because history messages are stored in the room process memory, which lives in one node. If that node goes down, then the rooms go down, and their memory goes down.

Syndicate content