Developing Chat support system using Xmpp

Hi Friends,

I have Ejabberd 15.09 setup for my chat application , now i need to develop a live chat support system which will be serving to my clients and offering them support regarding their queries and as i know it is based on ticketing system where each client query will be considered as a ticket and will be assign to one of the executive available . is it possible to develop it using ejabberd (xmpp )server or is there any module that i can use or integrate with it to achieve this .
I hope i have given enough description .

From what I know, there isn't

From what I know, there isn't any publicly available module that is ready to provide that "ticket" feature.

You can write your own module, ask ProcessOne or others if they provide something like that, or ask in the ejabberd mailing list if anybody wants to implement the feature.

One quick&dirty solution would be to consider a MUC room like an executive desk, so:
- Each executive that starts his day of work joins a new room, and he is alone in his room.
- When a client has a problem, looks in the list of rooms and joins anyone that has only 1 person.
- Client and executive chat until the problem is solved, then the client leaves the room.
- Other client may join that room.
- When the executive finishes his day of work, leaves the room (it is automatically destroyed).

Thanks badlop , i consider

Thanks badlop ,

i consider your advice very helpful to start with.i will try to write my own that implements ticket feature , and if possible i would share it with others also .
would you please tell me if it is possible to store messages without body to archive table . offline supports this feature but archive does it also ?
reason that i am asking it is because i want to store receipt for my messages .

Nikhil wrote: would you

Nikhil wrote:

would you please tell me if it is possible to store messages without body to archive table .

I've tested, and such messages are not stored.

Syndicate content