Advice on private chat Use Case

Hello all - first post here & learning so please bare with me. I have a multi-user chat use case that i'd like some advice on approach to implementation ... assuming it can be done :-)

I will be creating N rooms and each will have M moderators. Registered and Anonymous Users can join the room, however, for the moment, all messages will be private in that room.

1. Can I have a single room where chat between the room moderators (i will define them up front) and each member are completely private.

2. Could (1) be extended so a private chat is between the moderators and multiple, but not all, members in the room (such as someone adding her friend to an existing private conversation in the room).

3. An additional extension of (1) would be that if one moderator responds to a user, the others are aware of this.

I am reading into this and currently have a working eJabberd instance for the usual one to one private chat so hoping to pick up more in the coming days.

Many Thanks. Look forward to learning and being involved!

steven

* From reading i believe that room as the same as multi-user chat; that is you always need a room for MUC (there is no such thing as a Group for temporary private conversations that could exist in a room).

Hmmm - after some reading I

Hmmm - after some reading I am getting the impression it may make more sense to figure out how to use many dynamic private rooms for messaging to accomplish this.

* I would have removed the post, but there doesn't seem to be a link to do so :S

/steven

Syndicate content