join cluster node problem

i run my own instance over AWS.

i have 2 instance on same region and both are installed with ejabberd 15.11, using the binary method based on 64-bit platform. one of this server i have set it as master server whereby its .erlang.cookie i copied it to the 2nd server.

i then setup another instance over at china region and setup the similar way as version 15.11. On this server as well i have put in the erlang cookie based from the 1st master server as mention above.

This means i have 3 servers running on same ejabberd version 15.11 except 1 of this were at china region.

Except the china server, the other 2 server can be join as cluster and can be remove as well but however when i try to do the same for china, it is not possible. I've tried many ways such as renaming the node, kill the epmd / ejabberd process, etc and it is still the same.

I understand that china is as what we known has built high fencing on their security, but what i wanna know is it because of this reason so ejabberd not able to cluster to china? Or is there another way of which ejabberd team can advise me?

Appreciate the comments.

Thanks.

check 4369,5269 ports

check 4369,5269 ports

ok will check and report my

ok will check and report my findings here again. thx mate.

have added the 2 ports (4369

have added the 2 ports (4369 & 5269) at the china region mentioned but problem still the same. not able to connect although the logs describe that it has been started but through web admin it is not accessible.

the logs indicate [warning] web:admin process - access of admin from failed with error: <>

first check .erlangcookie

first check .erlangcookie then open all port and and check it.

check erlang.cookie and check

check erlang.cookie and check all port also, nothing works. report to the china region for compliance already. waiting for news but seems slow to me.

something is wrong.

something is wrong.

Check FIREWALL_WINDOW option

Check FIREWALL_WINDOW option in ejabberd/conf/ejabberdctl.cfg file. Its value should be something like 4200-4210. Also do not forget to open these ports for your nodes.
Check ERLANG_NODE option in the same file. If it is empty, you need to uncomment it and set
ejabberd@domain_name
where domain_name is ouptut of "hostname -f" command in linux shell.

This problem happened to me

This problem happened to me before on Linux : see "resolv.conf" located in "/etc"

cat /etc/resolv.conf

If there is ".nameserver" at the begin u must remove this line. And after restart u must remove this line again then start ejabberd and every thing should work 100%

I have 3 aws ec2 running same

I have 3 aws ec2 running same version of ejabberd setup for version 16.04

1st server erlang cookie copied to 2nd and 3rd server.

For all 3 servers under /ejabberd-16.04/conf/ejabberdctl.cfg, line for node=ejabberd@xxxxxxx has been enable.

Now, i login into 2nd server and use command "join_cluster" which is something like this "ejabberdctl join_cluster 'ejabberd@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' and i get this error as shown below.

"Error: {no_ping, 'ejabberd@xx.xx.xx.xx'}

I try the same to join_cluster from 3rd server, gaves me same error.

I have all these 3 servers running fine at the moment without join_cluster but if once i do i get the error above.

Anyone can help? Thanks.

Syndicate content