Message Encryption implementation at Ejab server

Is it possible to encrypt messages coming to server and decrypt them while delivering it to client. Is there any module that can be use to store messages in encrypted format into archive table as well as to the spool .

Don't want to implement client side encryption ( PGP ) and need to implement at server side ,please impart with knowledge and information you have about it .

There isn't such feature in

There isn't such feature in ejabberd or another module.

Notice that you can configure mod_mam and mod_offline to store the messages in an external database. If you find such feature in MySQL or PostgreSQL, maybe you can use it.

Thanks Badlop , I have

Thanks Badlop ,

I have configured postgres as my external database. But i need to encrypt messages before they goes to database and decrypt before delivering them to client .

Suppose if i have encrypted my database ,would ejabberd support it , like we query archive and offline message delivery from spool , will work the way they are supposed to ?
modules ( mod_offline and mod_mam ) work normally as they do or we need anything else to achieve this ?

Hi. I do it using Gajim and

Hi. I do it using Gajim and mysql database. encrypted message insert into mysql and client received decrypted message. client side do encryption and decryption.

you implemented it using

you implemented it using gajim client that means you are encrypting messages at application level (client side) but i need to do it from database server or ejabberd server,but as badlop said above there is no such feature at ejab .
In my case i am using postgres database .

HI Nikhil, Did you manage to

HI Nikhil,
Did you manage to solve this?
I'm stuck at a similar situation.
I need "Data Encryption At Rest".
Thanks

Syndicate content