Multitenant Ejabberd

Hi All,

We are planning to use Ejabberd as our Xmpp Backend server for our chat needs. One of our main requirements is to support multiple tenants (domains) on the same Server. I have browsed through the forums and found that one of the ways to do this is via virtual hosts. However we want to support addition/deletion of multiple tenants dynamically without restarting the Ejabberd server. Also we would like to support a large number of tenants possibly by reading from our own database.

What is the best way to achieve the behaviour? Is there a way to develop a custom module to achieve the same?

Thanks,
Srikanth V

ejabberd does not support

ejabberd does not support live management of virtualhosts, because the current design doesn't support it at all. The good news is that you can have as many virtualhosts as you want, there isn't any specific limit in ejabberd, probably hundreds or thousands, as much as your machine memory can handle.

I thought that the "ejabberd Business Edition" had the core modified to support live management of virtual hosts, but in a quick look right now I don't see that feature mentioned in https://www.process-one.net/en/ejabberd/ If you are really interested, contact and ask directly.

Syndicate content