xmpp component

hi,

i am newbie to this xmpp and ejabber eco space. i have following usecase to be implemented, kindly suggest any approaches.

we have middleware which interacts with clients like web clients. Here, we require middleware to connect with xmpp server to create account,add roster and manager groups.

should i need to use xmpp component or any java library to or any rest api for this?

thanks
manju

If I understand you

If I understand you correctly, you want to perform some administrative tasks in ejabberd.

First: ejabberd has many administrative commands to perform common tasks like registering accounts, modifying roster items, shared roster groups...

Second: There are several frontends that allow to call those commands in different ways: shell (ejabberdctl), XMLRPC (if you enable ejabberd_xmlrpc), Rest (if you enable mod_http_api, or install mod_rest)...

Third: You can write a simple client to make calls, for example a java client to mae xmlrpc calls, or Python client to make HTTP calls.

Just an example to get you started:
Call the command "register" with the ejabberdctl frontend, no need to write any client.
To register an account using the shell, just run in a shell:
$ ejabberdctl register user3 localhost somepassword

Syndicate content