Stream management and mod_offline

I have ejabberd 16.08 on Ubuntu 14.04. mod_offline is enabled, but the offline messages are not saved. How do I debug this problem ? Do I need to enable Stream management explicitly ?

Sorry for the obvious question but I am confused as different forum posts are giving different advises.

mod_offline stores only

mod_offline stores only offline messages (those messages sent to an existing local account when the user is not logged in). It isn't stored for accounts that aren't registered, or for accounts where the user is consdered to be logged in. If the client crashed, but ejabberd isn't yet aware of this, the messages aren't stored.

Also note that mod_offline stores by default in the internal mnesia database. You can see those messages in ejabberd WebAdmin. If you want the messages to be stored in a SQL database... then you must configure mod_offline explicitely for this.

Thanks for the reply. I

Thanks for the reply.

I checked in the WebAdmin but there are no messages. This means either 1. my client is not sending the messages 2. ejabberd is not configured correctly.
I checked that 1 is not the problem. now i want to know how to debug 2

If the client crashed, but ejabberd isn't yet aware of this, the messages aren't stored.

I am developing an Android application and I am running into this problem frequently. How can I ensure that the messages are stored in the server till the client acknowledges the receipt ?

kranthi117 wrote: If the

kranthi117 wrote:

If the client crashed, but ejabberd isn't yet aware of this, the messages aren't stored.

I am developing an Android application and I am running into this problem frequently. How can I ensure that the messages are stored in the server till the client acknowledges the receipt ?

There's an FAQ entry explaining these things in detail.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Syndicate content