Cannot Install Custom Module

I'm running ejabberd 16.01 on ubuntu and am trying to install mod_push. I have placed mod_push in the module directory, but after running the ejabberdctl commands to update specs and show modules_available, nothing is returned. Am I missing a step?

I tried with a custom module

I tried with a custom module called mod_zzz:
1. Run: ejabberdctl modules_update_specs
2. Go to $HOME/.ejabberd-modules/sources/ejabberd-contrib/
3. Create a new subdir called mod_zzz (or whatever)
4. Copy from mod_rest everything to mod_zzz, renaming file names, and editing the config file and the spec file
5. Now put your mod_zzz.erl
6. Run: ejabberdctl modules_available

Your module should be listed there. I didn't try, but module_install should work. Please try and tell me if that works or not.

Thanks for the reply. I tried

Thanks for the reply. I tried what you outlined with no success. I also tried specifying the CONTRIB_MODULES_PATH in the ejabberdctl.cfg file to make sure the module was in the correct directory with no luck. modules_available continues to show nothing. Any other ideas?

I was finally able to get it

I was finally able to get it installed. I did not realize that another package was required to install modules (at least on Ubuntu). Thanks for your help!

jsavvy wrote: I was finally

jsavvy wrote:

I was finally able to get it installed. I did not realize that another package was required to install modules (at least on Ubuntu). Thanks for your help!

Ah, I didn't know that. What other package is required?

@jsavvy i am also facing the

@jsavvy i am also facing the issue faced by you on ubuntu machine.
Can you help me with which package installation solved your issue.
Many Thanks

Syndicate content