Message sent by User A to a offline user B is not received by the User B when online but that message is found in the archive

If a user A sends a message to user B who is offline .When User B comes online. User B doesn't receives the message but when I search the archive table for the respective message that is sent to B. I can see that particular sent message. I want to know what could be the probable reasons for this message loss.. Please help..!

I guess you refer to mod_mam,

I guess you refer to mod_mam, and you enabled it in the ejabberd configuration file. Try to set the option default: always, so all messages are stored.

Could you please tell me

Could you please tell me which default should I set to always. Is it for default: under record archive_prefs? Please specify..

amoghsingh wrote: Could you

amoghsingh wrote:

Could you please tell me which default should I set to always. Is it for default: under record archive_prefs? Please specify..

After digging a lot through

After digging a lot through error log i came to know that messages are not getting inserted into SPOOL table , error saying that database was too slow or not available .

[error] <0.393.0>@ejabberd_odbc:run_sql_cmd:382 Database was not available or too slow, discarding 61231 milliseconds old request.

Syndicate content