Archive table message insertion problem

Hi..

whenever I send a message to say user B when user B is online, 2 copies the same message gets inserted in to the archive table.One entry is shows the message sent from sender to receiver and the second shows message received from the sender which is in accordance with the rule or the method in which the ejabberd is designed. But whenever I send a message to user B when he (User B) is offline , only one entry of the message is inserted into the archive table i.e copy of sender to receiver, but next time when the user B who was offline comes online, no second entry of the message gets created into the archive table where it actually should create an entry of the same message from the receiver to the sender. What could be the probable reason for this situation? How can I tackle this problem ? Please help..

To test this, I configure

To test this, I configure mod_mam with default: always, then register two accounts and add each other to their rosters. Then logout one, and send a message from one to the other. As you mentioned, only the sended message is stored in archive_msg. When the receiver user logins again, he receives the message, and it is stored in the archive_msg table.

Try this configuration, does it work for you correctly like it does for me?

If so, see what is different in your desired usage.

@badlop I exactly did what

@badlop I exactly did what you mentioned in the above comment but the only difference is as you are getting the message entry inserted into the archive table both from (sender to receiver) and from (receiver to sender) when the user comes online... in my case I am getting only one message entry inserted into the archive table i.e from sender to receiver but not from receiver to sender.

Could you please help me to solve this issue..? What might have gone wrong?

I have no idea what can be

I have no idea what can be the problem. I used a recently installed ejabberd 16.09, and two newly created accounts, so it has mostly default config, default accounts, and used Tkabber as client, but I'm almost sure that should work with any client.

Syndicate content