libtinfo.so.5: no version information available

Hello!

I just moved to the new server. On the previous server I had ejabberd 2.1.11 and MySQL as a database. On the new server I installed the latest ejabberd 16.09 with MySQL too.

Everything is OK, but every time I start or stop ejabberd I get en error message:

$ /etc/ejabberd/bin/ejabberdctl start
bash: /etc/ejabberd/lib/linux-x86_64/libtinfo.so.5: no version information available (required by bash)

Does it affect ejabberd? How to fix it?

Mac wrote: Hello! I just

Mac wrote:

Hello!

I just moved to the new server. On the previous server I had ejabberd 2.1.11 and MySQL as a database. On the new server I installed the latest ejabberd 16.09 with MySQL too.

Everything is OK, but every time I start or stop ejabberd I get en error message:

$ /etc/ejabberd/bin/ejabberdctl start
bash: /etc/ejabberd/lib/linux-x86_64/libtinfo.so.5: no version information available (required by bash)

Does it affect ejabberd? How to fix it?

Hi, did you ever find a solution to this issue?

I am facing the same problem, running Ubuntu 16.06 but need to stay on ejabberd 16.06 with mysql support - which cause a lot of issues trying to compile that version from source (library conflict etc.).

Using automated rollout of ejabberd it seem VERY attractive to get the .deb package running - which it does with a bit of "fiddeling" - however this error is rather persistant.

Ejabber seem to work fine though!

Any ideas on how to get rid of this - and "will it break something"?

Thanx in advance.

I just ran into the same

I just ran into the same problem, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS running the ejabberd 17.04 deb:

bash: /opt/ejabberd-17.04/lib/linux-x86_64/libtinfo.so.5: no version information available (required by bash)

According to this StackOverflow post, libtinfo does either not provide version information or ejabberd 17.04 was built on a newer Ubuntu version (16.10?). In both cases, it seems to be harmless.

Syndicate content