How to send media offline

Hello Support,

I have few question regarding ejabberd 16.12.39

1. How to send media file to offline user ?

2. Where media files are store in ejabberd in my local machine ?

3. I have done following .yml configuartion for offline messages.

shaper_rules:
  max_user_offline_messages:
    - 10: admin

mod_offline:  
        access_max_user_messages: max_user_offline_messages
        db_type: sql

but i am able to send more then 10 offline text message

4. I am able to create a group but how can i see these group in admin? and participent of these groups?

so please let me know above questions answer

Thanks

1 and 2. I think not

1 and 2. I think not possible. Where did you read that this is possible?

3. That configuration means that admin users can only RECEIVE 10 offline messages, the next ones they receive will be discarded. It also means that other users can receive infinite offline messages.

4. What kind of group? A chatroom? A shared roster group?

Thanks for the reply.. 1. You

Thanks for the reply..

1. You said 1 and 2 are not possible in ejabberd that is correct but i have read in many article it is possible to upload media in other server through http and store path of media as offline messages.

is it good approach?

3. it is resolved now

4. I want to see chatroom and it's participant and shared roaster group member in admin panel so please advise me is it possible or not?? if yes then how can can i show member and chatrooms??

5. I have archived all text messages in sql table now

a. but I need to archive media messages also so is it possible ??

b. and i need to delete these archive messages in particular time period like 3 month or 6 month etc. is it possible ??

c. export archive table in particular time period??

Thanks

1. Ah, right: ejabberd a

1. Ah, right: ejabberd a client can upload a file (using mod_http_upload), and then send a message with the url to an offline user (using mod_offline).

4. If you enable mod_muc_admin, it provides a page in ejabberd's WebAdmin to view the list of rooms, but not the participants.

5.a I don't know

5.b If you refer to MAM storage, using mod_mam, then you can execute this command:

$ ejabberdctl help delete_old_mam_messages
  Command Name: delete_old_mam_messages
  Arguments: type::binary
             days::integer
  Returns: res::rescode
  Tags:  purge
  Description:  Delete MAM messages older than DAYS
 Valid message TYPEs: "chat", "groupchat", "all".

$ ejabberdctl delete_old_mam_messages all 90
$ 

5.c ejabberd doesn't provide anything specific. You will have to use some SQL feature in your database.

I have a new question

I have a new question regarding MUC..

when one participant is logout then participant is not showing in the room and when i want to again join this group then error message showing "You have already a member of this group".

please let me know

I cannot reproduce that

I cannot reproduce that problem with the default configurations. I guess you are using some specific room configuration, or mod_muc configuration, and that produces the problem.

Please have a look my .yml

Please have a look my .yml configuration about MUC

mod_muc:
        db_type: sql
        access: muc
        access_create: muc_create
        access_persistent: muc_create
        access_admin: muc_admin
        default_room_options:
            allow_subscription: true 
            persistent: true
            mam: true

i don't know what is wrong with these configuration because i have successfully created group and add participant but when one participant is offline or logout from android app then this particular participant not getting in the room participants list.

also Multi-User Chat section in admin panel not showing this participant.

Thanks

That configuration should not

That configuration should not have any effect in the problem you mention, it should work correctly.

Try with other clients, like Psi o Gajim in a computer. Does the problem still happen, or it works correctly?

Hello i have a question

Hello i have a question regarding muc
when any user go offline then that out from muc automatically but how we rejoin user again.
i am rejoin user by muc.join() command but user getting older message again that is all ready receive by me previously

Right, this is explained in

Right, this is explained in the ejabberd Guide for the option history_size:

history_size: Size: A small history of the current discussion is sent to users when they enter the room. With this option you can define the number of history messages to keep and send to users joining the room. The value is an integer. Setting the value to 0 disables the history feature and, as a result, nothing is kept in memory. The default value is 20. This value is global and thus affects all rooms on the service.

https://docs.ejabberd.im/admin/configuration/#modmuc

Is there any way to block

Is there any way to block user in certain time period like 7 days, 15 days or 24hrs etc??

how to get group lists

how to get group lists created by particular user ?

Not possible.

Not possible.

shared roaster group not

shared roaster group not showing users after set default db to sql please share any solution

Hello sir thanks for your

Hello sir
thanks for your response you did save my life.
I am current facing some problem

problem 1:- how we set admin of MUC.
I did create group successfully with participant but there is problem in set the owner of muc.
i face error like """Couldn't find a field for the specified variable""

when i used following code

List owners = new ArrayList();
owners.add(owner_id+"@"+UtilXMPPConnection.SERVICE_NAME);
form.setAnswer("muc#roomconfig_roomowners", owners); <::::::::::::::::this line show error

please help me how we set admin of muc ?

problem 2: When user go offline he/she out from the persistent muc .how we handle this situation ?

problem 3: how we create new admin of group if admin exit from group ?

please help me i am facing all problem from last one month .

> problem 1:- how we set

> problem 1:- how we set admin of MUC.

If you mean "how to allow a user be admin of all MUC service", this is a mod_muc option you can set in ejabberd.yml

Or, if you mean "how to add a user to the list of admin of a MUC room", you can do as described in XEP-0045: https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0045.html#grantadmin

> problem 2: When user go offline he/she out from the persistent muc .how we handle this situation ?

Right, when a user goes offline, he leaves a room. This means he does not receive messages of that room. This is normal, as described in XEP-0045.

If you want users to receive messages from the room even when they leave the room, then look at
https://docs.ejabberd.im/developer/xmpp-clients-bots/proposed-extensions...

> problem 3: how we create new admin of group if admin exit from group ?

I don't understand your question. Somebody in the room can grant admin to another user following this:
https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0045.html#grantadmin

How to use mod_rest i have

How to use mod_rest i have got below errors

2017-03-04 12:29:46.468 [warning] <0.38.0>@gen_mod:validate_opts:376 module 'mod_rest' doesn't export mod_opt_type/1
2017-03-04 12:29:46.471 [critical] <0.38.0>@gen_mod:start_module:162 Problem starting the module mod_rest for host <<"192.168.32.18">> 
 options: [{allowed_ips,[<<"127.0.0.1">>,<<"192.168.32.18">>]},
           {allowed_destinations,all},
           {access_commands,
               [{configure,[status,registered_users,set_room_affiliation]}]}]
 error: undef
[{mod_rest,start,
     [<<"192.168.32.18">>,
      [{allowed_ips,[<<"127.0.0.1">>,<<"192.168.32.18">>]},
       {allowed_destinations,all},
       {access_commands,
           [{configure,[status,registered_users,set_room_affiliation]}]}]],
     []},
 {gen_mod,start_module,3,[{file,"src/gen_mod.erl"},{line,154}]},
 {lists,foreach,2,[{file,"lists.erl"},{line,1337}]},
 {ejabberd_app,start,2,[{file,"src/ejabberd_app.erl"},{line,77}]},
 {application_master,start_it_old,4,
     [{file,"application_master.erl"},{line,273}]}]
2017-03-04 12:29:46.471 [critical] <0.38.0>@gen_mod:maybe_halt_ejabberd:170 ejabberd initialization was aborted because a module start failed.

I am using ejabberd 16.12.39

That error means that you

That error means that you enabled mod_rest in the ejabberd configuration file, but erlang can't find the file mod_rest.beam Maybe it isn't correctly compiled and installed in a path where ejabberd can load it. That depends on how you compiled and installed mod_rest.

Syndicate content