Is it normal for mod_log_chat to fail while trying to write files in any folder but /var/lib/ejabberd?

Context

I am using Ubuntu Server 16.04.2, with both ejabberd and ejabberd-mod-log-chat installed from the repositories. The version of ejabberd is 16.02.

The main configuration file is in /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.yml. The ones for specific modules are all stored in /etc/ejabberd/modules.d. I also found out that /var/lib/ejabberd is one of the core folders of the ejabberd installation, and the default mod_log_chat uses if no path is provided.

Problem

Setting the path in any value other than the default, produces an error when a chat log is being created inside such folder (even in the owner and/or the permissions are set accordingly). Using the default or any subfolder inside it (with proper owner and permissions) yields no errors, though.

The error is similar to the one described here.

Question
Have you ever experienced such a problem? I think I'm not missing anything from the configuration, as it works properly under the conditions described. If you have, it may be a bug that should be addressed. If not, a clear procedure will be appreciated.

NOTE: If you need the actual configuration files, please let me know.

Thank you in advance :D

Syndicate content