pubsub nodetree and hometree plugin explanation

Hi. I am struggling with the difference between the nodeTree "tree" setting and the hometree plugin. I have done some googling and watched Christophe Romain's pubsub video but i just need something clarified i guess.

Nodetree being set to "tree" will ensure that all nodes are created in a tree fashion when they are stored - i get that.

The hometree plugin then can then be used to create sub-nodes in a filesystem like fashion. If you already set the Nodetree to "tree" why would you need to set the hometree plugin ? Is that not implied. In addition you can also use the "flat" plugin but if you set nodetree to "tree", would flat not just be a node with no children.

Finally, i know dag is not supported but what does it offer that is different from tree/hometree? Is it just that is conforms to an old draft specification but provides the same/similar functionality?

I have tried to find an architecture diagram that highlights the difference to no avail. I am working on this over the morning so maybe will figure it out but in the meantime i'd very much appreciate any insight.

regards,
steven

Syndicate content