Modules with hooks produces error and crashes in ejabberd 17.06

Hi All,

I am new to ejabberd and started development now. I installed and configured ejabber 17.06 and ejabberd server started successfully. I need to call an external url while sending a message for that I tried to install contributed modules 'mod_post_log' from git. Modules installed successfully but I got 'Hook user_send_packet crashed when running mod_post_log' error.I have tried several modules with hook 'user_send_packet' but all crashes and points error to some location in erlang. I am confused about the version of ejabberd. These modules will not work with 17.06 versions? Please help me to resolve this.

That module was not ready to

That module was not ready to be used in recent ejabberd versions, the fix is simple, I've just committed: https://github.com/processone/ejabberd-contrib/commit/ec3c13cade6f7d32a0...

Other contributed modules probably are also not ready for recent ejabberd vsersions.

Thanks @badlop for your

Thanks @badlop for your reply. I was able to fix it now by removing existing installation and installed latest version 17.07. After configuring I just installed the module and it works fine. Also for the information, these modules didn't worked with 16.02 version.

Syndicate content