This module is the successor of Igor Goryachev's mod_presence.
Features for admin
- No need to install an additional web server, database, libraries, or programs: it uses ejabberd's embedded http service and Erlang's internal database.
- Page in Web Admin that lists registered users and their options.
- Page in Web Admin with usage statistics: options, and icon themes. Includes raw number and percentages.
- Customizable port and URL base path.
- Possibility to restrict usage to only some users.
- Easy to add more icon themes: just copy the files to the proper directory.
- Fully translatable both the admin and the user messages.
- Support for virtual hosts and clustering.
- Highly scalable: each registered user is a register in the table. Other solutions based on bots are limited to only a few hundreds or thousands of registered users.
- Published under the GPL license: you can inspect the source code, modify and compile. It's Open Source and Free Sofware.
Features for user
- Easy registration and unregistration with any powerful Jabber client.
- After registration, you receive a message with instructions and example URLs.
- Specify your account using your real Jabber ID or a Random ID.
- Get a reminder of your Random ID if you forget it.
- Request a new Random ID if you don't want to use the old one.
- Publish the avatar that you stored in your vCard.
- Publish an XML that lists resources and their priority, presence, and status text.
- Publish the status text of your presence.
- Publish and image that reflects your current presence.
- Many different icon themes, by different authors and sources.
- You can define the default icon theme you want to use, or specify a specific one in the URL.
- You can publish the image or status text of a specific resource.
- Public page that shows all the existing icon themes.
- You can unregister by disabling the options, and you receive a message.
Additional Icon Themes
TO DO: If not all themes are included in the released version, there will be a zip file with all the themes.
- User Mood and User tune from PEP output: waiting for PEP to be integrated in ejabberd.
- Presentation on the ejabberd mailing list: web-presence module for ejabberd
- Small description on the mailing list
- jquery.jabberpresence.js, a jQuery plugin
If this programs doesn't suit your needs, there are other programs and services to publish Jabber presence in the web: