This tutorial will help you to migrate an Openfire database to ejabberd ODBC storage.
Original conversion script written by: Pedro Melo. Published in the ejabberd mailing list in 21st September, 2007.
Please note that this script was developed for the author's requirements. The author of the script migrated his own server with it and it worked fine, as fair as he could can tell.
- Install the Import/Export Plugin via the Openfire Webinterface.
- Export your database to a file named like your realm. So for a jabber server named jabber.example.org the file name should be "jabber.example.org.xml".
- Make the script executable.
- For usage instructions, execute the script without parameters:
./x-convert-openfire-to-ejabberd --host your_mysql_host --database the_ejabberd_database_for_the_openfire_domain --user user --password pass export_file.xml
Where export_file.xml is the file which you have previously exported.
- Original post of the script:
Wildfire/Openfire User Export Plugin -> ejabberd odbc migration script