Using ejabberd_service in Shared Roster Group

Hi,
I want to make an external service (with host "something.any") available/accessible for every user. I do also authentication with external script.

In Version 15.04 i have activated "mod_shared_roster", configure the external service and create 2 groups (with help of web interface) to achieve this. It works fine for me.

Now, i want to create a docker container. So it's not useful to achieve them with web interface. I have read that i can create shared roster groups in cli when use "mod_admin_extra".
I can create some groups. Unfortunately i can't add this external service. I can only add "something.any@DOMAIN".
When i connect with Psi to the server i can see "something.any@DOMAIN". It's shown in section "server". The old solution was shown as "something.any" in section "Agents/Transport".
In the output i can see "Accepted external component handshake authentication for something.any [...]". But when i send something to "something.any@DOMAIN" via psi it's not possible to send. (Understandable).
In my external script i see that a "IsUser" query for user "something.any" with domain "DOMAIN" is requested. Not really clear.

What's wrong with my solution? What's correct way?

Thanks in advance.

A dirty alternative to create

A dirty alternative to create what you want is:
1. Install that ejabberd version in a development machine
2. Setup shared rosters as you want
3. Dump the mnesia database to a text file
4. Edit that text file with whatever changes you want
5. Install ejabberd in the docker system
6. Load the mnesia data text file, which will include the shared roster groups you want

@badlop: It was an good idea

@badlop: It was an good idea to show/dump the database.

So i have seen that the old solution hasn't set an user. Only the domain is set to "something.any".
Now, it also works with
srg_user_add "" "something.any" "GROUP" "DOMAIN"

So, it works for me.
Thx.

Syndicate content