ejabber setup question

hello i have setup ejabberd but i have some questions

does this fully support ipv6?
can i disable file transfer completely on the server? i just want text to keep this simple and safe
can i block strangers by default? so users must have added a contact before they can receive a message from him.
also how can i prevent users from registering a certain set of usernames like admin, administrator etc.

please help

deborahh wrote: does this

deborahh wrote:

does this fully support ipv6?

From what I know, yes. For all kind of listeners, and also for outgoing s2s connections.

deborahh wrote:

can i disable file transfer completely on the server? i just want text to keep this simple and safe

You can disable the module that manages file transfers mediated by the server. But clients can still use other protocols to send file transfers directly between them.

deborahh wrote:

can i block strangers by default? so users must have added a contact before they can receive a message from him.

Not easy method for an ejabberd administrator. This can be done by the client, setting privacy rules, but ejabberd doesn't provide any way to enforce those restriction rules easily.

deborahh wrote:

also how can i prevent users from registering a certain set of usernames like admin, administrator etc.

mod_register has an option for that, see:
access: AccessName: Specify rules to restrict what usernames can be registered and unregistered. If a rule returns ‘deny’ on the requested username, registration and unregistration of that user name is denied. There are no restrictions by default.

https://docs.ejabberd.im/admin/configuration/#mod-register

Syndicate content